- Roberts, J. (2012). Beyond learning by doing: Theoretical currents in experiential education. Routledge: New York, NY.
- Simpson, S. (2011). Rediscovering Dewey: A reflection on independent thinking. Bethany, OK: WOODNBARNES.
- Rapparlie, L. (2011). Writing and experiential education: Practical activities and lesson plans to enrich learning. Bethany, OK: WOODNBARNES.
- Smith, T. & Knapp, C. (Eds.). (2011). Sourcebook of experiential education: Key thinkers and their contributions. Routledge: New York, NY.
- Robinson, K. (2011). Out of our minds: Learning to be creative. Capstone Publishing Ltd: West Sussex, UK.
- Beard, C. (2010). The experiential learning toolkit: Blending practice with concepts. Kogan Page: London, UK.
- Levin, M., & Arellano, L. (2010). Experiential activities for a better world: A guidebook for facilitators, teachers, trainers, and group leaders.
- Elkind, D. (2007). The power of play: Learning what comes naturally. Da Capo Press: Philadelphia, PA.
- Newell, R. (2003). Passion for learning: How project-based learning meets the needs of 21st century students. R & L Education: Lanham, MD.
- Brooks-Harris, J., & Stock, S. (1999). Workshops: Designing and facilitating experiential learning. SAGE Publications.
- Kolb, D. (1983). Experiential learning: Experience as the source of learning and development. Prentice Hall Inc: Upper Saddle River, NJ.
- Dewey, J. (1938). Experience and education. Touchstone: New York, New York.