BOOKS (updates pending)
- Pike, C. J., & Beames, S. (Eds). (2013). Outdoor adventure and social theory. Abingdon, Oxford: Routledge
- Selhub, E., & Logan, A. (2012). Your brain on nature: The science of nature’s influence on your health, happiness, and vitality. Wiley: Mississauga, ON.
- Wattchow, B., & Brown, M. (2011). A pedagogy of place: Outdoor education for a changing world. Monash University Publishing: Victoria, Australia.
- Taylor, A., & Engass, K. (2009). Linking architecture and education: Sustainable design of learning environments. University of New Mexico Press: Albuquerque, NM.
- Louv, R. (2008). Last child in the woods: Saving our children from nature-deficit disorder. Algonquin Books: New York, NY.
- Smith, G., & Gruenewald, D. (2007). Place-based education in the global age: Local diversity. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Gilberton, K., Bates, T., McLaughlin, T., & Ewert, A. (2006). Outdoor education: Methods and strategies. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Sobel, D. (2005). Place-based education: Connecting classrooms and communities. The Orion Society: Great Barrington, MA.
- Orr, D. (2004). The nature of design: Ecology, culture, and human intention. Oxford University Press: New York, NY.